Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chemo Round Eight

Number Eight came and went yesterday, and it was probably the smoothest so far. One of the drugs, DTIC, feels like fire when it hits the vein, so it's been a trial and error process to figure out the right speed and dilution of saline solution to minimize the pain and overall time in the chair. I think we finally nailed it. I felt good enough to treat myself to a new Slipknot CD (yes, I'm still a metalhead, folks) and dinner at BisonWitches (where any Tucsonan knows you better bring your appetite) with some good friends.

Last weekend I felt strong enough to make it out to San Diego to see my family and go to a wedding (T&L, congrats!). I resisted partying too much, but doc says my liver held up quite nicely anyway. I'm also proud to say I dodged that trendy swine flu without having to wear a mask.

I'd like to give some shout-outs to friends. Thanks for the encouraging words from fellow "lymphomaniacs" JG and TS, and special congrats to TS for 5 years of health. I can't wait to have this in my rear-view mirror, too!

Also, a shoutout to (DSP Bro.) LA and her friends for launching a new lymphoma/leukemia charitable organization. You can check out the details on MAV Foundation here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113189271538
and here
http://www.twitter.com/MAVfoundation

Thanks for the continued encouragement everyone!
-Justin

Calendar:
June 19: PET-CT scan. We'll find out whether all that chemo is really doing its job.
June 22: Chemo Round Nine

1 comment: