Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Just say yes" and a great tribute



An overdue update: All tests continue to come back negative and I remain cancer-free! We're coming up on two years from when I first started my chemotherapy, and I'm so glad that those days are (hopefully) behind me.

When I started this blog, I encouraged people to pursue everything that life has to offer. In other words, just say "yes." I've held myself to that credo and crossed a couple new adventures off the list. I had never tried any snowsports before (I had long suffered from the old say "no" mentality), so I was a bit hesitant when I was recently invited to try out skiing. This time I said "yes," and I'm so glad I did. Fortunately, I didn't break anything, and I'm eager to try out snowboarding next.

I also jumped at the opportunity to attempt riding the skeleton at the Utah Olympic Park. The skeleton is a sport similar to the luge, but instead you ride down an iced track on a sled face-first. What a rush! I definitely recommend it.

In other news, I'm very glad to share that my dear friend Kristen Senseman has decided to honor me. In June she is running a half marathon to benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, an organization that funds research for various blood cancers, including Hodgkin's lymphoma. Kristen has specifically dedicated her run to me, so please-please-please support her and the LLS.

Stay Invincible!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment